Roasted Lemongrass Chicken Thighs
This has become my go-to dish when I want a twist to the usual roast chicken recipes. It’s a culmination of Southeast Asian flavors such as lemongrass, fish sauce and soy sauce, with the sweetness of honey and a dash of tart lemon. Enjoy with rice and a side of sautéed vegetables, or you may add the meat to a sandwich or salad.
Roasted Lemongrass Chicken Thigh Recipe
- 2 lbs (1 kg) chicken thighs
- ¼ lemon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 stalks lemongrass, tough outer layers removed, inner stem sliced thinly and pounded, or ½ Tablespoon fresh lemongrass paste
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and bruised
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce (if you want it less salty, ¾ teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon sesame or vegetable oil
- Cracked black pepper to taste
Marinade the chicken pieces in lemongrass, garlic, soy sauce, fish sauce, oil and pepper for about 2 hours to overnight.
Pre-heat the oven at 400℉ (200℃).
Place the chicken thighs in a baking dish and pour the marinade over them, and add the lemon. Bake for 20 minutes and then take the dish out of the oven and brush honey over the chicken pieces. Place it back in the oven for another 10 to 20 minutes until the skin is deep golden brown and crispy, and the meat is cooked.